Obtaining Housing Accommodations
1. Apply for HousingPrivacy note All documentation submitted to OAS is kept separate from an academic record and is considered private under the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) . There are times when the staff of OAS must share information with other faculty and staff on campus to facilitate accommodations in the classroom, residence halls, or transportation.
- Apply for housing through the WVU Housing Portal
- Choose "YES" under section 3 about Accessible Housing Accommodations
- Please note, students will not be able to select a room or roommate when answering "YES" to Accessible Housing Accommodations.
- You must also meet all housing application process deadlines
2. Register with OAS
- Complete an online application
3. Submit a completed Licensed Professional Questionnaire
4. Write and submit a Personal Statement
- Personal statements should include a rationale for your housing accommodation and how this accommodation will enrich your Mountaineer Experience.
- Submit the Personal Statement by:
5. Meet with an Accessibility Specialist
OAS will contact you within two business days to schedule your initial meeting with your Accessibility Specialist after the completion of your Online Application. During an initial meeting, specialists will discuss with you:
- Submitted documentation
- Additional documentation, if needed
- Reasonable housing accommodations
- Any other relevant information
If a Housing Accommodation is Authorized:
- OAS will notify the Office of Housing and Residence Life who will then notify the student of the housing arrangement. Once a student has signed their housing contract and is living within a WVU sponsored property the policies and procedures of the Office and Housing and Residence Life apply.