Title: Drug Abuse Technician, administrative support
Department: Government Services
Supervisor: Sr. Director of Government Services
Contract site: Federal Corrections Institution, CumberlandPsychology Services Department—Residential Drug Abuse Program (RADP)
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 3:30 pm, with total of 1 hour lunch/break; not to exceed 30 hours per week
Summary: This is an administrative/specialist position in support of the Psychology Services Unit. Employee will receive assignments and guidance from the RADP Services staff and the Chief of Psychology.
- Enter inmate information into database.
- Enter transactional information for into proprietary database software. Review all data for accuracy and verify that entries are appropriate.
- Enter release information on inmates in the drug program.
- Prepare forms for inmates enrolling in the program.
- Track rosters for the psychology department.
- Collate files for the RADP program.
- Complete timesheets and balance pay for inmates in the drug program.
- Additional clerical tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year relevant administrative work experience; preferably in a medical setting.
- Working knowledge of MS Office software and databases.
Skills and abilities
- Able to pass and maintain National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) level security clearance to remain in position.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.Able to interact with diverse clientele and situations in a professional manner.
- Able to follow facility security policies and procedures.Additional information:The
employee will attend (with pay) a 4 hour orientation program provided by the Employee
Development Department at FCI Cumberland.
A brief security orientation will be provided by the Health Services Department prior to assuming duties.The employee will complete the Institutional Familiarization Program and be constantly aware of security and maintain a professional relationship with inmates at all times. This is for their own protection and for the effective operations of the program. Violations of the institution rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary actions up to and including termination.