After recording lecture content on a mobile device, you can transfer it to a traditional
computer to work with it using Google Drive as an intermediary. This may be necessary
to do while using computers that are on campus.
Part One: Install the Google Drive app on your mobile device
1. Go to the Application Store.
2. Search for and download Google Drive.
Part Two: Transfer recorded lectures from your mobile device to Google Drive as needed
- Using your mobile device, go to the home screen in Sonocent and click Select, which is in the upper-left corner.
- Select a recording to transfer by clicking the circle to the left of the recording.
- Click the arrow icon in the bottom-left corner and choose Copy to Drive.
- Google Drive appears, select Save.
Part Three: Download files from Google Drive to a computer as needed
- Go to www.google.com on any browser
- Click Sign In in the upper-right corner.
- Enter your MIX e-mail address and password, and then choose Login.
- Click the Google Apps button, located in the upper right hand corner and click Drive.
- Locate the Sonocent recording you wish to use on the computer.
Right click on the file, and then choose Download.
- After it downloads, choose open.
- Sonocent should begin to load on the desktop with the recording in the audio pane.
Part Four: Transfer files from Sonocent back to Google Drive as need
- Save the file in Sonocent to the desktop or a folder you will remember
- Open Google Drive with Google Chrome Browser
- Uploading back to Google Drive is only supported by the Google Chrome Browser
- Drag the file icon into the Google Drive window
- Uploading should automatically begin.