A new feature update for Kurzweil 3000 brings, Kurzweil 3000 - Read the Web Extension. This feature allows you to download an extension in your browser and read the web using the same voices you are used to using in the Kurzweil 3000 Web Browser application including eCampus!
To use the Kurzweil 3000 - Read the Web Extension, you will need to download it from the Chrome extension store which is called Read the Web, offered by Kurzweiledu.com. Cambium Tech has a video for installation process in Chrome and using the Read the Web extension.
Pearson VitalSource Bookshelf
- Open the Chrome or Firefox browser
- Login to your Kurzweil 3000 read the Web extension which can be downloaded from
the extension store for your browser.
- Login to https://bookshelf.vitalsource.com
- Open a book in your VitalSource Bookshelf.
- Click the cursor in the text where you want to start reading.
- Click the read button in Kurzweil 3000 Read the Web to start reading.
Note: Kurzweil 3000 Read the Web reads the main text of the book but not areas outside of the book such as the sidebars.
If you need assistance using the Kurzweil 3000 Read the Web extension, you should contact Kurzweil's customer support but you can also stop by the Office of Accessibility Services.