Obtaining Housing Accommodations
To receive housing accommodations at any WVU sponsored property, students must complete the following steps:
1. Apply for Housing
- If you have already applied for housing, please move on to step 2.
- If you have not already applied for housing, apply for housing through the
WVU Housing Portal
- You must also meet all housing application process deadlines
2. Register with OAS
- Complete an online application for the Office of Accessibility Services.
- You will receive an email from OAS with a link to schedule an appointment with your accessibility specialist
3. Submit a completed Licensed Professional Questionnaire
- Submit the completed
Licensed Professional Questionnaire by:
- Uploading it when completing the online application
- Faxing it to 304-293-3861
- Bringing it to your initial meeting
4. Meet with an Accessibility Specialist
Schedule an Intake appointment with your assigned Accessibility Specialist by using the link in your "OAS Application Received" email. This email will be sent within 1-2 business days of you submitting your application.
During an initial meeting, specialists will discuss with you:
- Submitted documentation
- Additional documentation, if needed
- Reasonable housing accommodations
- Any other relevant information
If a Housing Accommodation is Authorized:
- OAS will notify the Office of Housing and Residence Life who will then notify the student of the housing arrangement. Once a student has signed their housing contract and is living within a WVU sponsored property the policies and procedures of the Office and Housing and Residence Life apply.
All documentation submitted to OAS is kept separate from an academic record and is considered private under the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). There are times when the staff of OAS must share information with other faculty and staff on campus to facilitate accommodations in the classroom, residence halls, or transportation.