Obtaining Housing AccommodationsTo receive housing accommodations at any WVU sponsored property, students must complete the following steps:
1. Apply for Housing
- If you have already applied for housing, please move on to step 2.
- If you have not already applied for housing, apply for housing through the WVU Housing Portal
- Choose "YES" under section 3 about Accessible Housing Accommodations
- Please note, students will not be able to select a room or roommate when answering "YES" to Accessible Housing Accommodations.
- You must also meet all housing application process deadlines
2. Register with OAS
- Complete an online application for the Office of Accessibility Services.
- You will receive an email from OAS with a link to schedule an appointment with your accessibility specialist
3. Submit a completed Licensed Professional Questionnaire
4. Meet with an Accessibility Specialist
During an initial meeting, specialists will discuss with you:
- Submitted documentation
- Additional documentation, if needed
- Reasonable housing accommodations
- Any other relevant information
If a Housing Accommodation is Authorized:
- OAS will notify the Office of Housing and Residence Life who will then notify the student of the housing arrangement. Once a student has signed their housing contract and is living within a WVU sponsored property the policies and procedures of the Office and Housing and Residence Life apply.