Obtaining Housing AccommodationsTo receive housing accommodations at any WVU sponsored property, students must complete the following steps:
1. Apply for Housing
- If you have already applied for housing, please move on to step 2.
- If you have not already applied for housing, apply for housing through the WVU Housing Portal
- Choose "YES" under section 3 about Accessible Housing Accommodations
- Please note, students will not be able to select a room or roommate when answering "YES" to Accessible Housing Accommodations.
- You must also meet all housing application process deadlines
2. Register with OAS
3. Submit a completed Licensed Professional Questionnaire
4. Meet with an Accessibility Specialist
OAS will contact you within two business days to schedule your initial meeting with your Accessibility Specialist after the completion of your Online Application. During an initial meeting, specialists will discuss with you:
- Submitted documentation
- Additional documentation, if needed
- Reasonable housing accommodations
- Any other relevant information
If a Housing Accommodation is Authorized:
- OAS will notify the Office of Housing and Residence Life who will then notify the student of the housing arrangement. Once a student has signed their housing contract and is living within a WVU sponsored property the policies and procedures of the Office and Housing and Residence Life apply.