A new feature update for Kurzweil 3000 brings, Kurzweil 3000 - Read the Web Extension. This feature allows you to download an extension in your browser and read the web using the same voices you are used to using in the Kurzweil 3000 Web Browser application including eCampus and eBooks.
To use the Kurzweil 3000 - Read the Web Extension, you will need to download it from the Chrome extension store which is called Read the Web, offered by Kurzweiledu.com. Cambium Tech has a video for installation process in Chrome and using the Read the Web extension.
Pearson VitalSource Bookshelf and other eBooks
OAS maybe unable to get a digital copy of Pearson VitalSource textbooks or other eBooks to use in Kurzweil 3000. However, students may now use Kurzweil 3000 Read the Web Extension to read these digital materials. The directions below will help you navigate this process.
- Open a Chrome browser after downloading the Kurzweil 3000 Read The Web extension.
- Login to your Kurzweil 3000 read the Web extension using your Kurzweil 3000 account
- Visit the Pearson VitalSource textbook site, or desired eBook site.
- Click the cursor in the text where you want to start reading.
- Click the read button in Kurzweil 3000 Read the Web to start reading.
Note: Kurzweil 3000 Read the Web reads the main text of the book but not areas outside of the book such as the sidebars.
If you need assistance using the Kurzweil 3000 Read the Web extension, you should contact Kurzweil's customer support but you can also stop by the Office of Accessibility Services to speak with the Assistive Technology Specialist.