How to Schedule a New Exam - Faculty
- To begin you will need to log into SAMM using your faculty credentials; this can be accessed via the OAS website and clicking SAMM in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select ‘courses’ from the menu on the left, then select the course you’re going to add an exam for.
- In the course top menu, select ‘exam’, then select ‘add new exam’.
- On the ‘add new exam’ page, you will put in the information for the exam such as:
name, length, date and time.
- Exam Length
- Time allotted for all students to complete the exam without accommodations. SAMM will automatically update the length of exam based on student’s accommodations.
- Available Exam Start Times
- You have the option to either select a specific time for the exam to start or a time frame for which you would like the exam to be completed by. If you wish to remove a time from the selected options, press Ctrl+ click on the time you wish to remove.
- Exam Delivery Options
- Upload – This can be done at the bottom of the exam request form.
- Email – Email to the OAS Testing Center at OASTesting@mail.wvu.edu
- Drop off at OASTC – We are located at the Library’s lower level.
- Please Note: It is not required to upload your exam immediately upon making the exam request in SAMM. You can input the exam request, which allows the student to set up their exam, and the exam can be uploaded at a later date.
- Please upload your exam at least one day before the date the student is scheduled to take their test.
- Make sure all necessary fields are completed regarding the exam. (i.e., exam format)
- ‘Apply to all records’
- Yes – Select if there is only one exam version offered
- No – Select if you are going to submit multiple versions of the same exam
- Exam Length
- Log into SAMM using your faculty ID; this can be accessed by going to the OAS website and clicking the SAMM button in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select ‘courses’ from the menu on the left.
- Select the course that you’re teaching this semester.
- Select ‘Alternative Test Room Bookings’.
- Select the student who has selected a booking.
- From here, you can select the exam the student is taking or upload an exam.
- You can approve or deny the time. Once you have done so (and submitted a reason for denial if that option is chosen) you can hit submit to exit the form